The Lifeline Program is designed to reduce the monthly telephone or broadband charges for low-income-eligible customers and is only for households with a phone or Internet service with qualifying speeds, greater than 10×1 Mb. Lifeline can save you up to $9.25 per month depending on where you live.
Eligibility guidelines vary throughout the country. You may be eligible for Lifeline if you, or someone in your household, participate in one of the following federal assistance programs:
- Medicaid/Medical Assistance
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP aka Food Stamps)
- Supplemental Security Income
- Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
- Veterans Pension Benefit Program
Individuals who do not qualify under any of the above but live on or near a federally recognized reservation may qualify for Lifeline Assistance if the applicant receives benefits from at least one of the following programs:
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Head Start (only for those meeting its income qualifying standard)
- National School Lunch Program’s free lunch program
We know these programs can get confusing, so give us a call, or stop by your local Mosaic office for more details and support. Want to research more before calling, stop by LifeLineSupport.org to find out if you qualify, how to apply and to apply, supporting companies, rules, and so much more.
Ready to get started? There are three ways to apply for Lifeline. Select one below:
1. Apply Online: Find the online application here.
2. Mail in Your Application: Print an application English | Spanish, Complete, and Mail In with a proof of eligibility to:
Lifeline Support Center
P.O. Box 7081
London, KY 40742
3. Contact your local Mosaic Technologies to help you apply!
After you submit an application Lifeline will share the results with you. If you apply online, you may receive an immediate approval. If they cannot prove your eligibility automatically, you will need to share some more information.