On Tuesday, July 28th, Mosaic Technologies sponsored a blood drive for the American Red Cross at its Cameron facility. Considered a success by the Red Cross, the drive yielded 34 pints of blood donated within 5 hours. No appointment times went unfilled and safety precautions like social distancing and mask wearing were stringently adhered to during the drive.
The American Red Cross has expressed it gratitude to Mosaic for hosting, and providing volunteer help.
In addition, the Red Cross is actively recruiting Blood Donor Ambassador volunteers in Barron County. With the need for blood donations more important than ever, Red Cross needs volunteers to help at local blood drives. The Blood Donor Ambassador helps with registration, distributing snacks and assisting donors during their time at the Blood Drive. Key responsibilities include:
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary and assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process
- Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
- Direct donor to next step of donation or options for future donations if deferred.
- Model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Ensure blood donors have relevant information and that questions are answered appropriately while creating a favorable impression of the blood donation process.
- Learn and share the Red Cross story, including the mission, vision, and values
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
- Work with collections team supervisor or charge staff to match donor’s blood type with the best product for maximum impact
- Responsible to inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions
- May make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
- Volunteers must be comfortable with technology
The Red Cross is asking that someone interested in volunteering for this position is able to commit to at least 1 shift a month (average shift is 5-6 hours). Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and remote training will be provided.
If you are interested in volunteering to be a Red Cross Blood Ambassador and making a difference in our communities, please contact Lee Borofka at the American Red Cross directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mosaic Technologies is proud to partner with the American Red Cross.